A deep-rooted community where you are welcome to experience the joy, hope, and certainty of a life with Jesus.
We are an Evangelical Lutheran Church which belongs to a larger fellowship of Lutheran churches in the United States called the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod.
The service will last about an hour.
There will be singing, readings from the Bible, a message, prayers, and communion.Kids are great, and we welcome them in our services. We know that sometimes means a little extra noise; when that happens we’ll do our best to give you space to work your parental magic. A small play area with books and toys is available in the back of our sanctuary (worship space) if you need a little help keeping your little one quiet.
A Children’s Activity is available for school age children during the message at our 11am service.
If you join us in the first half of the month, you’ll hear traditional hymns played on a piano or organ. In the second half, our Gospel Praise Band leads a mix of gospel hymns and African American spiritual songs.
We'll welcome you, but we won't pressure you to join, decide, share, or give anything.
Wear whatever you want and sit wherever you want. Seriously. When you come in, you’ll receive a booklet that contains everything you need to follow the service.
You’re welcome to participate—it’s a great way to enhance your experience—but don’t feel like you have to. We’ll collect an offering to support our work, but if you’re just checking us out we don’t expect anything from you. Your presence with us is enough. We’ll join hands at the end of a time of collective prayer—this also is optional!
- Only Jesus frees us from the power of sin, death, and the devil, and he does it for only one reason–He has freely chosen to love us and rescue us by forgiving our sins.
- God’s choice to free us belongs to Him alone and he made it out of love. He does not choose because of our own spiritual or earthly achievements.
- The freedom and new life Jesus offers is available to all people without condition or exception, but is limited to those who trust him as their Savior.
- God’s loving choice to free us is revealed to all only through the Word of God.
- The scriptures of the Old and the New Testament are the written, accurate, and reliable Word of God ultimate “deciding factor” for how we interpret matters of faith and life.
- We believe Jesus is up to something in our neighborhood—bringing healing, hope, and restoration to the world around us—and we’re excited to be a part of it!
We trace our heritage to a catholic monk, priest, and theologian named Martin Luther who lived in the 1500’s. Martin Luther earnestly desired to purge himself of all sin and grow in holy living. But all his efforts to this end failed. No matter how hard he tried to follow the rules of the church and imitate Jesus and the saints, he could not rid himself of his sinfulness and guilt.Then, through his study of the Bible, Luther discovered that God made sinners right with God by faith in Jesus Christ, not by actions or “good works” prescribed by the church. This insight gave Luther the certainty of forgiveness of sins—of his standing before God. This certainty not only freed Luther from his guilt, but it also freed him from the belief that merely following a set of rules could generate personal holiness. It also set him free to trust that his life would become holy (sanctification) through the initiative and guidance of the Holy Spirit and not his own effort.